PLEASE FIND A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF SERVICES WE PROVIDE OUR CLIENTS AS EXPERIENCED ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNERS AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS BELOW
- Building Regulations.
- Design for Alterations & Extensions
- Structural Calculations
- Civil Engineering Solutions
- Project Management
Currently, our listed services are offered within Greater London and surrounding areas. Our ties to the local councils and various businesses allows us to have working experience and knowledge of rules and regulations of London and other British Counties.
- Computerized Planning Drawings.
- Building Regulations
- Drawings & Beams Calculations for loft conversions, extensions, flat conversions and new builds.
LOFT CONVERSIONS AND LOFT ROOMS
- Loft stairs provide a safe means of access and every stairway is individually built as required.
- Typical construction fits between an existing wall and a purpose-built partition stud wall fitted with LED lights.
- A stud partition wall supports the weight of the stair frame, steps, and the existing ceiling joists once the ceiling aperture has been cut.
- They are built as a series of treads and risers, and any turns go around a newel post firmly bolted to the ceiling.
- The stairwell and walls are plastered and finished so that handrails, balusters, door and lights and switches may be installed. A Buildings Inspector approves the work and the floor is sealed with using solid pine floorboards or hardwood flooring materials.
- Staircase construction loft stairs must be a safe means of access to the loft, and each stairway is individually built as required.
- A typical loft staircase construction fits between an existing wall and a purpose-built partition stud wall with wiring installed for lighting.
- A load bearing, stud partition wall supports the stair frame (strings) and steps; and the existing ceiling joists too once the ceiling aperture has been cut.
- The stairs are built as a series of treads and risers, and any turns go around a newel post firmly bolted to the ceiling.
- The stairwell and walls are plastered and finished so that handrails, balusters, door and lights and switches may be installed.
- A Buildings Inspector approves the work and the floor is sealed with using solid pine floorboards or hardwood flooring materials.
LOFT CONVERSION PROCESS
- A loft is converted according to building plans detailing work required.
- Our professional tradesmen convert your loft according to the approved floor plans and to building regulations.
- Once the loft conversion is approved (planning permission is rarely turned down unless existing roof shape is to change construction may begin.
LOFT WALLS AND CEILING
- The roof walls and ceiling of a loft conversion are frequently the same, following the roof line. Dormers have upright walls and horizontal ceilings.
- Loft wall/ceilings contain skylight windows, rigid insulation board, electrical and control wiring, and occasionally radiant heating.
- Loft windows are fitted, creating an aperture in the roof between rafters, fitting the window frame, flashings and relaying of the tiles; later shutters and blinds may be installed.
- If windows require the removal of a rafter or two, plans indicate the roof support required.
- Basic loft conversion Knee wall and cupboards may be built into the bottom of the wall at this stage.
- Insulation boards are installed between rafters and the ventilation requirements for the area between the roof and living area are checked. Heating pads and lighting fixtures are installed and the wall is plasterboarded and plastered ready for decoration.
- Internal partition walls and end or party walls are constructed. These require a timber frame, insulation boards, hardboards and a plaster finish.
ENGINEERING AND DESIGN
This service usually involves implementing designs in relation to beams (steel, timber, flitch), columns (Concrete, Brick Masonry), brick walls and foundations.
Our staff boasts word experience in providing designs for the following:
- Steel Structures
- Concrete Structures
- Timber Structures
- Composite Structures
We also boast additional expertise in:
- Computerized planning
- Building regulations